Self-introduction

Dear Sir/Madam, 

My name is Jesslyn Tan Jia Ling, currently majoring in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering at the Singapore Institution of Technology. I graduated from the Republic Polytechnic with a diploma in industrial and operation management. Through coursework and hands-on projects, I have developed my interest in manufacturing engineering and design.  Building upon my foundation in engineering, my experiences in manufacturing as an assistant engineer have allowed me to apply theoretical knowledge to real-life problems and instilled a problem-solving mindset that I carry into my pursuits.

For my communication strengths, I have gone through many meetings and presentations during my internship and polytechnic. It helps me to understand the importance of communicating with people in the company. When discussing during the meeting, I will use different terms or words to explain the problems clearly to prevent misunderstanding as there might be attendees from different backgrounds. However, I will feel nervous and panicky while presenting in public which I am trying to improve consistently by starting a conversation with strangers.

In this module, I want to learn more about the techniques for having effective communication so that it will be easy to communicate with diverse audiences. Secondly, I wish to learn more about how other factors such as body language and tone will affect in communication.

Being an engineer, problem-solving is essential and important in the industry, what makes me different is I am always creative and will think out of the box. I always have fun ideas when I face challenges and I will always think of how can I make things different to serve more people. Last but not least, I am willing to try new things and have the passion to make things happen.

Thank you for reading the email.

Best Regards,

Jesslyn Tan Jia Ling


Comments

  1. Great work jess:) good flow throughout the letter, but could start with dear prof brad instead of sir/maam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Flow good insight to your introduction nice work.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Dear Jess,

    Thank you for this richly detailed and informative letter. It covers all the areas of the brief and portrays you as a person intent on making a contribution in the engineering field. You illustrate your experience by referencing various work situations, and for me it might have made sense to go ahead and be more specific about your actual job scope during your internship. In that way you provide more clarity in terms of the needs of that job and the way you were able to respond.

    This post is fluent, but there are a couple issues with language use you may want to consider:
    1. However, I will feel nervous and panicky while presenting in public which I am trying to improve consistently by starting a conversation with strangers. > (Odd meaning --- Which actual behaviour are you trying to improve? not being nervous and panicky :) )
    2. Being an engineer, problem-solving is essential and important in the industry, what makes me different is I am always creative and will think out of the box. > (sentence structure: Who is the engineer? Not problem solving, surely.) ?

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts