Critical reflection on Group Presentations

Module learning : 

At the start of the course, my goal for this course is simply to improve my writing skills so that I can express my ideas more professionally. I always wanted to improve my report writing skills as I feel that it is the only way to impress and inspire others through my writing. However, this course has taught me that writing a professional report is not the only way to impress others. 

Communication is the key to making things happen. During the lesson, we are not only learning how to write a report professionally but also learning about how to pitch. The pitch helps me to try my best to express my ideas in words. Also, it makes me more confident to talk in front of people. I can now speak and present in front of small crowds confidently without stuttering. I think this is one of the most useful things I have taken away from this module as it can help me a lot in my future career.

I have also learned to provide evidence for information that has been found out by the research. This module encourages us to cite the resources and evaluate the evidence objectively. This skill has helped me to analyze information more effectively as I know that well-reasoned evidence must be supporting information. Now I can do a report with evidence support and in APA citation form.

Project learning:

At the start of the group project, my teammates and I generated some ideas that we were interested in and discussed which idea was the most desirable for the potential users. My teammates and I had a deep discussion and we also collected some of others' feedback to decide which topic we wanted to focus on. This requires a lot of discussion, communication and also teamwork as all of us have different opinions. 

However, me and my teammates learned how to value other's opinions and try to come out with a better solution that everyone agrees. Although there will not be a perfect solution that satisfies everyone, we try to mix and match the ideas and make things up together as a team. As a team, I have learned that sometimes teamwork requires some sacrifice and agreement from each member. We have to be frank and trust each other at all times to do a great job. Therefore, I think me and my teammates have learned more about each other along the way and can come out with a report with a good idea.

For report writing, my team distributed our part and we will research on our own topic. However, we still seek help from each other whenever we face problems or do not know what to do. I think there is a sense of teamwork and communication between us which is really appreciable. Through this project, I have learned that communication is not only about talking but also about the language used, the tone, the facial expression and body language. Communication is more than what I think and I really feel that it changes my way of communicating with others during a discussion or doing a project.




Comments

  1. Thank you, Jess, for this well considered and detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts